Thursday, March 26, 2015

tainted

it feels strange
upon hearing those words came out from your mouth
never once crossed my mind
that you will be saying that
i was startled and amused and somewhere in between
hence
i tossed and turned
delaying every minutes and hours
struggling as if i was in a battle with 
myself as the opponent
just to figure out 
the best way to reply
keeping my pride and dignity first
above all
even when my heart intended to
prolong as much conversation with you


when you have finally asked

it's funny how
still 
my pride and dignity
has always held me back
from what my heart tells me to
i wasn't hesitating, really
i just wanted to see
how determined you were
and i was wrong
concluded


it's been years now dear friend, more than a decade
since the last time i saw you
do you remember the postcard we've had fighting for?
well i couldn't remember the exact picture on the postcard
and what has made it so special, made it worth fighting for
all i knew was
the unexplained soothing feeling
that came along 
with every bits of memories 
that  echoed like a beautifully played melody in my mind
of every moments when you were with me





No comments: